The Chicago Fellows program's anticipated deadline will be December, 2018.
Required Application Materials
- 1-page summary of applicant’s graduate research
- Copy of applicant's most important publication - either published or in press or to a pre-print server (e.g. bioRxiv.org). Only one publication may be submitted.
- Two page research proposal (maximum) describing the innovative, impactful research project the candidate proposes to do at the University of Chicago. Figures and references may exceed this limit, but please keep any associated text concise.
- Please include a statement of author contributions at the end of the research proposal. The expectation is that the research proposal will be substantially written by the fellow candidate, in consultation with the University of Chicago faculty mentor. If this is not the case, then please describe how the candidate contributed to this research proposal, and how the proposed research differs and builds upon the candidate’s graduate research experience.
- Support letter from a University of Chicago faculty mentor (with a primary or secondary appointment in a department in the Biological Sciences Division), including a statement confirming that the mentor's lab has the necessary resources to support the proposed research project. The mentor’s letter should describe the strengths of the candidate relative to other postdoctoral scholars and why the University of Chicago is the ideal training environment for this fellow. The mentor letter may be submitted by either the applicant or the mentor, but should be signed, dated, and on letterhead.
- Two letters of reference. Letters must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters may also be submitted by the applicant, so long as they are signed, dated and on letterhead.
All application materials, excluding mentor support and reference letters, must be submitted by email to as a SINGLE PDF file to: