As part of the University of Chicago, we pursue globally impactful solutions to seemingly unsolvable challenges.
Through our rigorous research, innovative education, and comprehensive care and healing, we collaborate on life-changing advancements that create meaningful results for our community and the world, including a greater, more equitable future for all.
Together, we elevate the human experience with knowledge and health care.
Departments, Committees, Institutes, and Centers
- Anesthesia and Critical Care
- Family Medicine
- Neurological Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Ophthalmology and Visual Science
- Orthopedic Surgery and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Radiation and Cellular Oncology
- Cancer Biology
- Clinical and Translational Science
- Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics
- Computational Neuroscience
- Development, Regeneration, and Stem Cell Biology
- Evolutionary Biology
- Genetics, Genomics, and Systems Biology
- Medical Physics
- Molecular Metabolism and Nutrition
- Bucksbaum Institute for Clinical Excellence
- Duchossois Family Institute
- Grossman Center for Quantitative Biology and Human Behavior
- Institute for Biophysical Dynamics (with Physical Sciences Division)
- Institute for Genomics and Systems Biology
- Institute for Population and Precision Health
- Institute for Translational Medicine
- Center for Global Health
- Center for Health and the Social Sciences (with Social Sciences Division)
- Center for Personalized Therapeutics
- Center for Research Informatics
- Chicago Diabetes Research & Training Center
- Gwen Knapp Center for Lupus and Immunology Research
- MacLean Center for Clinical Medical Ethics
- The Microbiome Center
- Tang Center for Herbal Medicine Research
- The University of Chicago Medicine Comprehensive Cancer Center
- UChicago Research Bangladesh
Diversity & Inclusion
The Biological Sciences Division is committed to creating an inclusive culture that enables every individual who comes here to thrive. A diverse, multicultural faculty, staff, and student population enhances our ability to conduct cutting edge research, innovative education, and excellent patient care.
We believe that the study of biology and medicine is most productive when we bring our full perspectives as unique individuals to the work that we do. Learn more about the resources available to enhance diversity and inclusion throughout the division.
Alumni & Giving
We are supported by a large community of alumni and donors throughout the world. Your contributions enable us to conduct research, educate future leaders, provide the most advanced health care, and improve the lives of millions.
We invite you to learn more about the ways in which giving to the Biological Sciences Division will enable us to further our mission. Our alumni are invited to connect with us through the Medical and Biological Sciences Alumni Association (MBSAA). The MBSAA supports the University of Chicago by providing activities that engage alumni in the life of the school.