Please note, as of March 21st, the Stony Island Center is temporarily closed due to the Illinois Stay-at-home order. The Drexel Center is a site designated for essential employees required to go into work due to COVID-19 efforts.
Please contact the Drexel Center directly in advance of attempting to drop off any children as they are experiencing daily changes to availability.
This center serves children of faculty members, other academic appointees, staff, students and postdoctoral researchers at the University of Chicago and University of Chicago Medicine who are essential employees required to go into work due to COVID-19 efforts.
- Serves 6 weeks to six years old.
- Drop-In rates for preschool:
- Infant Drop-in (6 weeks to 15 months): $150.00 Per Day
- Toddler Drop-in 15 months to 24 months: $138.00 Per Day
- Two's Drop-in (2 to 3 years): $128.00 Per Day
- Preschool Drop-in (3 to 6 years): $115.00 Per Day
- They strongly recommend that parents who think they MIGHT need to drop off service contact them and fill out the necessary paperwork needed so they’re ready when they need to access the service.
- They will conduct a verbal health screening to confirm program eligibility.
UChicago Child Development Center - Drexel
Center Director: Tierra Burton
5610 South Drexel Avenue
Hours: M-F: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Ages Served: Infants, Toddlers, Preschool, Kindergarten Prep